Thursday, August 4, 2011

As cliche as they come...

EVERYONE who has worked in pharmacy for any period of time has run into this guy. As soon as I start in, you'll know the guy I'm talking about. The reason I think that this particular conversation is noteworthy lies in the last few lines. Enjoy.

*phone rings*
DaftTech(DT): "Thank you for calling Atypical Pharmacy, this is Daft. How can I help you?"
Bitter Moron(BM): "Yeah, I wuz wunderin why you guys shorted my meds."
DT: "I'm sorry, which medication did we short you?"
BM: "You shorted me three pills."
DT: "OK. which medication did we short you?"*Haven't we been over this?*
BM: "All three of 'em."
DT: "well, I only see three prescriptions on your profile did you not recieve any of them?"
BM: "Naw, I didn't."
DT: "I see, well it looks like your prescriptions are out of refills. We have sent a fax to Dr.whatshisballs to request refills but we haven't heard back yet."
BM: "Oh. Well I'm all out."
DT: "Of all of them?" *of course you are, you were as dumb as you sound and waited until the eleventh fuckin' hour to call for refills, asshole.*
BM: "Yeah."
DT: "I'm sorry, sir, but we'll have to hear back from your doctor before we can issue you a new prescription."
BM: "Well, why did my doctor not give me refills to begin with? I've been on all of these meds for 15 years?!"
DT: "No you haven't."
BM: "What'd you say to me? Are you callin me a liar? Yes I have!"
DT: "No you haven't. Pristiq has only been available for three years and both Januvia and Chantix have only been available for five. Has it taken you the full 5 years to quit smoking on Chantix? not a very good success rate if you ask me."
BM: *click* *dial tone*
DT: "My work here is done."

No comments:

Post a Comment