Wednesday, September 5, 2012

396 Days Later

It's been a while since I've posted: to the tune of over a year. I've finally gotten off my lazy ass and gone back to the books in hopes of attaining that wonderful designation of PharmD so that I too may one day be an ass-hat douch-canoe pharmacy intern and subsequently a decent pharmacist.

On any educational journey, starting from scratch sucks. Really though, it's awful. I know that it's important to some to be a "well rounded student", but I wish that I didn't have to endure some of the crap that is less than pertinent to my chosen profession. Don't get me wrong, I've managed to do well even in the classes that I don't care about, but I wish I could expedite the process.

But on to important things, like pharming.

I had to all but quit at my tech gig to go to school; fortunately for me, my chief pharmacist is a proponent of education and sees some potential in me that I don't and has allowed me to work only when I can (read - have the energy to). That being said, I left a vacancy at the phunny pharm that had to be filled: enter the deceiver. The technician that has filled those shoes has catalyzed a social reaction that was just itching to happen. My once peaceful and amiable place of business has been transformed into a cess pool of two-faced, backstabbing, clique-y nastyness. Now, instead of a group of technicians who mostly get along, there stands two factions: The Coven and the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment